Project Management Software Solutions
When you think of project management software solutions, think of combining the right software for your needs, with best practices for using it, supported by a high adoption rate. As we all know, software without adoption is not a solution for project management. So how do you combine software and adoption into a solution?
You’ll be the most successful at establishing a project management solution if you address three issues:
- Build a compelling reason for using project management software, which often translates into building a “case for change” based upon losses, risks, missed deadlines or poor outcomes incurred,
- Prioritize your needs and Identify the tool that best fits your project types and serves the needs of your audience (see the “Best Project Management Software” section below for more information on this topic), and
- Define utilization as a mandatory best practice, not a voluntary, “use if it you like it.”
Having established those three keys, developing project management software into a project management solution is closely hinged to three other factors over time, those being:
- Utilization and support by the management team leading the projects, and
- Incorporation within meetings as a primary information management source.
- Establish metrics based upon your results and track over time, converting into performance scorecards as you move forward in the process and continue to refine the efficacy with you manage projects.
The approach you take, and in particular how you address the “people” side of adopting software and using project management skills consistently is by far the biggest challenge in embedding a project management solution, and the most directly linked to your success. We not only have the software solution (ManagePro) for you, we have an entire road map laid out for you to follow so that you ensure purchasing turns into a solution.