1. Software Development Update
After what seems like a very long time, we finally received the updates from the vendor we needed last week. The update that we've been waiting for since early March, that will allow us to get by what has been an 800 lb gorilla obstacle in upgrading the experience of using ManagePro and MProLite.
In the last couple of months we have also replaced our lead developer. There are always some delays in bringing a new lead person up-to-date, but it has afforded us the opportunity to add new expertise into our software development process, which will translate into a snappier, more responsive user experience as you access either program.
We expect to update MProLite first, as there are several issues relative to the Print/Report function we would like to improve. We'll send out all the changes to expect in MProLite just before we release that update, but expect to see that in June. Hopefully we'll have ManagePro version 10 ready to go in July or August.
Thanks for your patience!
2. Task Management; How do You Rate?
You may never have thought about it, but there's
actually 3 phases to task management.
It starts with:
1. How you formulate tasks in your brain, then moves to
2. How you communicate tasks to others and yourself, and doesn't end until phase
3. How you follow-up.
Task management, and using software like ManagePro and MProLite to help you with task management, needs to address all three phases. We're wondering how you would rate yourself on these phases? Where are you weak, where are you strong?
Take 2 minutes and read my latest blog on this topic... and while you're there, sign up to get my blogs by email if you haven't done so yet.
"Does task management software create the most value if it plays to our strengths, or covers for your weaknesses? Before you answer that, do you know what your strengths are in the life-cycle of task management? Hm, I wonder what’s coming to your mind.
When I talk to people about task management software, they aren’t focusing on themselves, their strengths and weaknesses in the life-cycle of managing tasks. In fact, when I ask people what they want from task software, they communicate things like:
1. What I really want is a simple way, no pain involved, to get everything under control. (e.g. the real need/wish is to get things under control, task management is just a vehicle, and it shouldn’t involve too much effort)... click here to read more
3. Three Tips to Improve Your Game at Task Management
There are a lot of cool things you can do in ManagePro and MProLite to improve your game at task management.
1. For instance do you know how to automatically convert a task or todo, to a progress update, say when it's completed?
2. How about this one, do you know how to drag an email into ManagePro and convert it to an update while simultaneously pulling certain sections out and converting them to a todo?
3. Do you know how to use our Outlook Addin so that you don't even have to be running ManagePro or MProLite, and you can still drag and drop email into either?
Each of those question embody a tip that will help you. If you don't know the answers or just need a brush up, check out the helpful video's at http://www.ManagePro.com/m9portal.html and specifically view the task management video by clicking on the image below.
Have a great Memorial day weekend and look for our updates, starting with MProLite in June.
Rodney Brim, Ph.D.
CEO Performance Solutions Technology
Blog - http://www.PerformanceSolutionsTech.com/Blog
Twitter Account - http://www.twitter.com/RodneyBrim
PS. Be sure to stay in touch with us through Facebook!
From now on we will be supplying you updates to our development process as well as links to newsletters and other information on both our products and the company at our facebook site.
Please become a fan at our site so that you will get notifications of updates, releases and current information. Our facebook page is ManagePro and MProLite, and you can find us at the following link. http://www.facebook.com/#/pages/ManagePro-and-MProLite/166570256924?ref=ts
Click on the fan button at the top of the facebook page to automatically receive our updates.
May 2010 Newsletter content:
- Software Development Update
- Task Management; How do You Rate
- 3 Tips to Improve Your Game at Task Management