Effective Leadership - and the software technology to support it
Finally, a software tool that directly supports the
visibility, coordination and accountability necessary for
performance minded leaders and their organizations
Regardless of which model of leadership you
subscribe, the ability to track and leverage
information, from the planning stage to day-to-day
execution of tasks and processes is key.
As Bossidy and Charan pointed out in their book,
Execution, the Discipline of Getting Things Done,
"people in contemporary organizations need a small number of
clear priorities to execute well."
ManagePro, is a multi-featured management software that
not only keeps the priorities highly visible, but also keeps
everyone in the loop as updates move back and forth.
It's one place where goals, projects, tasks, even the
strategic plan are all visible, tracked and updated.
PST approaches effective leadership and the software to support it from a simple quadrant system we have developed over the past 20 years. Broken down into four steps it emphasizes the following key components:
- The ability to see and communicate the truth about the market, about internal processes and people. (Innovator Quadrant - see below)
- This necessitates being able to ask the right question to get at the truth,
- The ability to identify and challenge assumptions, and
- being able to use business savvy to address what's going to work in the marketplace when the data isn't all in
- The ability to set in place the direction and course "approximations" for priorities (goals, objectives), processes and use and development of resources, particularly key people. (Builder Quadrant):
- Based upon reality, what are the right things to do?
- What are the key drivers for predicting success, the key metrics to steer the course
- What areas are worth investing in a change effort, versus should be left alone
- The discipline to follow-up on the follow through. (Maintainer Quadrant)
- Did the processes get put in place
- Are they operating according to plan
- Did the assignments get completed... in a way that adds value
- Are we taking care of the details, doing things right?Did the assignments get completed... in a way that adds value
- The ability to regularly address people's performance (Comfort Quadrant)
- If it's good reward and expand upon
- If it's below the bar, find out why and come along side to help
- If it remains below the bar, set up time limit for continuing efforts or change the person, or environment
PST's software solutions have the tools to support leaders in quadrant area - software that provides a much more efficient and effective means of leading and ultimately of delivering results. ManagePro & MProWeb, in particular, use four high performance coordination and collaboration fundamentals to boost individual, team and organizational performance:
- Transform work from a role and respond to the latest crisis, to a “Plan your work and Work the plan” discipline. Everything at work is structured around a simple but powerful process and discipline of:
- Identify and keep in focus the objectives of your Goals and Roles
- Build and work a visible Action Plan to achieve those objectives
- Regularly document Results.
- Leverage information, agility and effectiveness of people by using a “One input- multiple use output” documenting process. Reuse information in the software for progress updates, to-dos, result tracking, reporting and performance reviews.
- All information is tracked and organized in a central management solution that is cross referenced against existing goals and action plans. Details do not slip through the cracks, and meetings become both shorter and more efficient.
- Follow-up and follow-through are both improved using the visibility and drill-down capability of color coded scorecards on the execution of all objectives, results tracking, the presence of plans and checklists and their status. All of it brings an immediate impact on accuracy of feedback from top to bottom while literally creating, “One Place where it all comes together!”
:: Back to Top ::